NATO’s Deterrence and Defence Posture Review
Former IKV Pax Christi consultant and nuclear disarmament expert Laurens Hogebrink reflects in 10 talking points on NATO’s disappointing Deterrence and Defence Posture Review (DDPR) adopted on 20 May 2012 by NATO Summit in Chicago.
Weblog on security issues
On www.protectionofcivilians.org bloggers from IKV Pax Christi keep you informed on the latest developments concerning security issues; from nuclear disarmament to cluster munitions, from human security to arms trade. Here is a selection of the blogs of the last couple of weeks:
• A plea for the intelligibilization of international diplomatic language (Guest blog by: Fabian van Langevelde)
• Strengthening the protection for the environment during conflict (Guest blog by: Doug Weir, Project Manager at Toxic Remnants of War)
•Weapon names (2) – Furious Apocalypse (Wilbert van der Zeijden)
• Nuclear Famine: A Billion People at Risk (Susi Snyder)
• Norway conference offers new disarmament perspective (Katja van Hoorn & Mathew Truscot, students ‘Crash Course in Nuclear Diplomacy’)
• Updated version of the ‘The Leaders Handbook of International Relations’(Daan Kayser)
• Weapon names (1): A white guy with a scythe come to get ya (Wilbert van der Zeijden)
For a overview of all blogs please visit www.protectionofcivilians.org.